Time: 07:00 pm
Location: Zoom Call – Please do not use virtual backgrounds or filters, and show your video upon entry to the meeting briefly.Topic: Virtual Overdose Awareness Event
Time: Aug 31, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 720 348 973
Name of Organisation:
Contact: Michelle Leopold
Marin County volunteers will present a ZOOM meeting for International Overdose Awareness Day (IOAD). IOAD is a global event held on August 31st each year and aims to raise awareness of overdose and reduce the stigma of a drug-related death. It also acknowledges the grief felt by families and friends remembering those who have met with death or permanent injury as a result of drug overdose.
Marin Events will include
– Overdose Awareness facts & figures
– First-Hand overdose experience speaker
– Remembrances of those who died by overdose
– Narcan and other overdose prevention resources
– Marin County resources for overdose prevention and to support those affected by addiction and a loved ones’ overdose.
– A commitment to not being silent on overdose, and overcoming the stigmatization of the disease of addiction
This event will be recorded and shared after the event.