Beyond the Stigma: Understanding Overdose and Taking Action
Time: 12:30 pm
Location: DASSA will host an online webinar
Name of Organisation: Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia (DASSA)
Contact: Dora Oliva
· Analyse and communicate the outcomes of the Penington Institute’s Annual Overdose Report with emphasis on the South Australian 2023 findings.
· Disseminate the work of the emerging drugs network and drug early drug warning system and recent response to protonitazene.
· Understand the burden of opioid-related hospital presentations on South Australia’s public hospital system.
· Discuss initiatives implemented through the Take-Home Naloxone Program.
· Reflect on stigma, discrimination and effective strategies to address these barriers.