IOAD spreads the message that the tragedy of overdose death is preventable. Wear Silver to show your support.
The theme for 2014 is Rethink and Remember. Download the 2014 poster and infographics here.
- My dad passed away from a heroin overdose October 25, 2014. He was clean for over 10 years and then relapsed. It's an everyday struggle to deal with and I wish I would have known. I would have tried to help any way I could have. I am thankful my daughter and I were able to spend the holidays and birthdays with him that whole year before because usually we didn't see him for the holidays due to him living farther away. I believe God had a plan. I miss you dad with all my heart. Your birthday is in a couple days. It seems like everything is back to the new norm and then a holiday comes, then the new norm and another holiday. And now your birthday. We all love you and are happy you aren't suffering anymore. ❤️Meghan
- I love and miss you Chad each and everyday. I wish I had one more day with you to finish what I was going to say. There are so many times I want to call you to talk or just to hear your voice without you I feel so lost and empty. I want you to know I love more than words can say. You cross my mind each and everyday. Love your aunt KimmieKimberly Gordon
- My Dear Chad, You have been gone over two months now, but the pain of losing you has crushed me to my very soul. I miss you each and every day and I wonder why did this happen. Life is just not the same anymore. You are loved and you brought so much joy to our family. I know you struggled throughout your life with addiction and I wish I could of helped you. I wish I could of heard your voice one more time. I tried calling you several times all month long but never heard back. Oh how I wish I could hear your voice again, or maybe just give you a big hug and kiss. You were an amazing person, you were so funny and loveable and your spirit was out of this world. What a tragedy. You were my nephew I remember the day you were born, I love you so, I can remember the day that you learned to walk I couldn't have been more proud. This family has been ripped apart, losing you was a shock. The only conciliation is knowing that you don't have to struggle anymore even though it hurts your not here I wouldn't want you here suffering anymore. You are loved and always will be. I'm writing this in tribute to you and honor you. The Colts aren't going to the championship, sorry Chad. One day will be together again If GOD allows me. Until then my sweet boy you rest in Jehovahs loving memory. When you come back to this earth you will be made whole again without any pain or struggles with addiction. You will have the life that you deserve to have. Until then my boy just know that aunt Kimmie loves you with all my heart and soul.Aunt Kimberly Gordon
- We lost our beloved Son on 1/3/15, 26 years old to heroin. / Still so raw, so unreal, how are we suppose to feel? / The world has lost a precious soul but in our hearts he left hole. / Devoted Father and precious Son, fought the battle that we wish he won. / Rest dear Patrick and watch over us, we feel you near but go on we must. / Your friends and family will forever miss you.Donna Devine
- I lost my dad to drug overdose on August 15, 2013. I miss him so much. I'm left without a leader. My sister and I have been trying to keep our heads up but its harder than it looks. I wish I could've stopped him. I miss you daddy!Lindsay
POST A TRIBUTE
Remembering those who have died – or been injured – because of overdose is an important part of International Overdose Awareness Day. If you would like to commemorate somebody, please add tributes here. Tributes will be posted on this website as soon as they are approved.
The Overdose Aware app aims to raise awareness amongst those who are experiencing drug use and their families, of how to recognise overdose signs and respond accordingly. The app shares information about what is an overdose, what are some of the key depressant, stimulant, opioid and alcohol overdose symptoms.
Created with the kind support of the William Buckland Foundation, the Overdose Aware app is available for download on iPhone and Android. Read more>>
Do you recognise the signs and symptoms of overdose? What is the impact of drug use and overdose on family, friends and those experiencing it?
These videos are where people affected by the impact of drugs use and overdose share some of their stories.
“There wasn’t any white light. I didn’t make out Jesus or see my dead family members. It was just oblivion and it was very frightening.”
Event name: Directions IOAD Awareness Session
Location: City Needle and Syringe Program, Office 1, ground floor, City Health Centre, 1 Moore St, Canberra 2601 Map:
Type of event: Staff at our primary needle and syringe outlet will promote the campaign with overdose awareness posters, resources, hand out silver badges and educate visitors about the Canberra Alliance for Harm Minimisation and Advocacy Overdose Prevention and Management (Naloxone) Course
Date and time: Friday 29 August, 9am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 5pm
Contact: Sascha Dilger email@example.com
Phone: (02) 6132 4832
International Overdose Awareness Day is an initiative of Penington Institute and is funded with the kind support of our partner organisations.
Personal injury claims, as well as, accident claims are something that do require very specialized attention and care. We, here at ACL Injury do handle personal injury claims with the utmost TLC treatment. We are highly skilled and caring injury lawyers who do look out for our clients in every way that does matter the most. The very experienced team of injury solicitors that we have here will fight diligently to make sure that you are represented fairly on all fronts. Our clients come first with us and always will. Therefore, if you do have any personal injury claims or accident claims, don't want too long to act on them. Time is of the essence with specialized cases such as these. They also do require a very experienced hand in the legal field to get them handled properly from the get go. We can supply you with the legal know how and push to get your case taken care of adequately and justly.
We are always beside our clients both in the courtroom and out of it. This is because we do believe in making ourselves personally available for all of their needs. It doesn't matter if it is a single question or something that is weighing heavily on their mind. We are there for them from beginning to end. So, with this said, sort of view us as more than just your personaly injury lawyer and more like your friend. Do contact us right away if you have had sustained some form of personal injury or have had an accident of some sort. We are more than happy to do a consultation with you and see what we can do to get your claim handled if possible. We are indeed there to care and will care for as long as it tatkes. The TLC treatment is what we give and that is far more important to our clients than anything else.