Donate and help to raise awareness of overdose and spread the message that the tragedy of overdose is preventable.
Overdose Day spreads the message that the tragedy of overdose death is preventable. Wear Silver to show your support.
The theme for 2015 is Rethink and Remember.
- I can't come to terms with this. I love you so much. I miss you ... Every min of every day as do your children.Mom
- Although it's been many years, I still think about you, mom. I know you left because you felt that you couldn't cope with life. As a single mother with an alcohol problem, you did the best you could. There was a period in my life after you died where I blamed you for my problems, but as I get older I now realize that life is complicated. It took a long time, but I'm no longer angry with you. I hope this releases you to whatever comes next.Andrew
- in loving memory of Bradley Argyle. I miss you every minute of every day. My heart is shattered into so many pieces it hurts to breath. I can't wait to hold you and kiss your sweet face again. Till then stay safely tucked in Jesus's sweet embrace. I love you to the moon and back always and forever. (I told you I loved you more😘💞)Melanie
- In remembrance of my eldest brother Justin Lee Kelly who was taken from us by the hands of addiction on may 9th 2007, he was 29 years old. He left behind three beaitiful sons, his grieving parents, and a brother and sister. There are no words to describe the pain of loss or the agony of knowing youll never come back. That ill never hear your voice again or see your breath taking smile 😭. It has been eight long hard years since youve left and it doesnt ever get any easier. You were my world and now because of drugs your gone. Wont ever get to see your baby sis get married or go to college. Never get to see your sons grow and help them to be good men. Those things forever crush my heart. I would like to spread the awareness of how Justin passed. He took Oxycontin and Methadone. Substantially high amounts of both. THAT is what caused his death. If he would have took one or the other he may be alive still today, but the combination of the two will send a person into cardiac arrest, a seizure, and then death. This is what happened with Justin. I wish people would realize how dangerous these are and that it COULD BE ANYONE!! I love and miss you so much Justin. A huge piece of my heart left with you the day you went. Maybe one day when i see you again ill get that piece back. I will always keep your memory alive and spread awareness in your honor brother!!! You did not die in vain. Forever missing you. Your baby sister T 💔😭Tiffany
- Brandy, I miss you so much. I know your life on this earth was a living hell. 12 years of fighting that addiction was a constant battle for you. I tried to do all I couLd to save you. Rehabs all over the country's, prayer, guilt love, tough love, begging love. No matter how messed up you were at times, I always loved you unconditionally. There was no mountain that I did not move for you, juSt to get you well. Just to free you from that demon. But in the end Brandy , I lost you, my sweet child. April 19,2014 was the worse day of my life. But it comforts me to know that you are no longer Addiction's Slave. Fly free baby, play your drum set, guitar and piano with the Angels. I will see you soon again. I love you to infinity and beyond. MomAni
POST A TRIBUTE
Remembering those who have died – or been injured – because of overdose is an important part of International Overdose Awareness Day. If you would like to commemorate somebody, please add tributes here. Tributes will be posted on this website as soon as they are approved.
The Overdose Aware app aims to raise awareness amongst those who are experiencing drug use and their families, of how to recognise overdose signs and respond accordingly. The app shares information about what is an overdose, what are some of the key depressant, stimulant, opioid and alcohol overdose symptoms.
Created with the kind support of the William Buckland Foundation, the Overdose Aware app is available for download on iPhone and Android. Read more>>
Do you recognise the signs and symptoms of overdose? What is the impact of drug use and overdose on family, friends and those experiencing it?
These videos are where people affected by the impact of drugs use and overdose share some of their stories.
“There wasn’t any white light. I didn’t make out Jesus or see my dead family members. It was just oblivion and it was very frightening.”
International Overdose Awareness Day is an initiative of Penington Institute.
Overdose Day is volunteer driven and we are grateful to the many individuals and organisations all over the world who support and participate.