Time: 01:00 pm
Name of Organisation: Scottish Drugs Forum
Contact: Andy Coffey
The is the second of two webinars with international speakers Scottish Drugs Forum are hosting to mark International Overdose Awareness Day 2020.
We will hear about how the dual public health emergency of drug-related deaths and Covid-19 has affected people who use drugs in Canada and Australia, the impact of this dual crisis on families and the changes now being advocated for.
The webinar will contain presentations from three International speakers followed by a panel discussion and Q&A.
– Garth Mullins, host of Crackdown podcast, Vancouver, Canada
– Jane Dicka, Manager of the Drug Overdose and Peer Education (DOPE) programme, Harm Reduction Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
– Petra Schulz, one of the founding directors of Moms Stop the Harm, Canada
The presentations and Q&A will then be facilitated by:
– Colin Hutcheon, Chair of Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs, and
– Jason Wallace, SDF and Drug Death Task Force Lived Experience Member
– Kirsten Horsburgh, SDF, Strategy Coordinator (Drug Death Prevention)