International Overdose Awareness Day (San Jose)
Time: 05:00 pm
Location: St James Park
Name of Organisation: County of Santa Clara Public Health Department
Contact: Melissa Gutierrez
Open to all and FREE to attend.
Activities at the event include:
– Information on local harm reduction program efforts: Learn about the programs working tirelessly to reduce harm associated with drug use and promote safer practices.
– Resources and information on seeking medications for opioid use disorder and substance use disorder and housing services: Discover the available resources and support for those seeking treatment and stable housing options.
– Narcan and other supplies distribution: We will provide 200-300 doses of Narcan, a life-saving medication for opioid overdose reversal, along with other essential supplies to prevent harm.
– Peer support and treatment navigation: Engage with peers who have lived experience and receive guidance on accessing treatment and support services.
– Recognition for heroes who have saved lives: Commemorate the individuals who have made a difference by saving lives and acknowledge the courage and dedication of our community.