Time: 02:00 pm
Name of Organisation: United for Global Mental Health
Upcoming webinar announcement: Substance use and mental health: challenges, opportunities and first lessons during the COVID-19 outbreak
What has been the impact of COVID-19 on substance use? What is the link between this and mental health? What has been happening on the front lines? What needs to be done?
To hear the answers to these questions and more, register for the upcoming webinar on Tuesday 1st September, 14:00-14:45 BST: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/799026500992947211
With this webinar taking place the day after the International Overdose Awareness Day, we are pleased to host an absolutely stellar panel to tackle this important topic:
• Alexander Baldacchino, President-Elect of International Society of Addiction Medicine
• Vladimir Poznyak, Unit Head for Alcohol, Drugs and Addictive Behaviours at the WHO
• Olga Belyaeva, Program Coordinator of the Eurasian Network of People who Use Drugs
• Nirvana Morgan, President, Network of Early Career Professionals working in the area of Addiction Medicine
• Chair: Shekhar Saxena, Professor of Global Mental Health, Harvard
The webinar is part of a Covid-19 and Mental Health series, jointly run by United for Global Mental Health, the Lancet Psychiatry, MHPSS.net and the Mental Health Innovation Network (MHIN). Our special thanks to the WHO for their help in organising this session.