Date: From 01/07/2021, culminating on 31/8/2021
Location: Community Events held in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie
Name of Organisation: Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council Tas. (Inc)
Contact: Cathy Gibson
Phone: 03 6231 5002
Be a part of ending overdose. How many origami cranes can you fold?
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. FOLD A CRANE Time to remember, time to act
• Nominate a Crane Champion in your organisation to coordinate crane folding sessions and to attend International Overdose Awareness Day events
• Hold a crane folding session with friends, family, or workmates. How many can you fold?
• Be part of an artwork of origami cranes, by coming to an event in your region and placing your cranes on the artwork.
• Talk about overdose. Anyone can be affected, talking about overdose can save a life.
• Upload photos of cranes to social media #EndOverdose #OverdoseAware #IOAD2021 @OverdoseDay @atdctas
Free paper packs available from:
o ATDC, 175 Collins Street, Hobart
o City Mission, 48 Frederick Street, Launceston
o Anglicare Tasmania, 31 King St, Devonport
o YFCC, 129 Wilson Street, Burnie
2. ATTEND AN IOAD COMMUNITY EVENT
Tuesday, 31st August 2021 10:00am to 2:00pm
- nipaluna/Hobart: Mawson Place Waterside Pavilion, Argyle Street
Waterside Pavilion will be open the week leading up to IOAD from 10am to 4pm for crane folding and displaying. Refer to ATDC website for opening times and contact ATDC if you would like to arrange a group session.
- Launceston: Reception Room, Town Hall, St John Street
- Devonport: RANT Arts, 45-47 Stewart Street
Bring folded cranes to your local community event and contribute to the region’s artwork. Events will be held in Devonport, Launceston and nipaluna/Hobart and will include crane folding, placing cranes as part of an artwork, talks and a minute’s silence to remember those we have lost to overdose.
Haven’t folded a crane? Can’t fold a crane? We have you covered. Pre-folded cranes will be available on the day so everyone can be part of creating the art installation.
For community event details see atdc.org.au/overdoseday
3. RAISE AWARENESS Share with your networks
• Change your Facebook Profile Frame.
• Add a banner to your email signature.
• Promote IOAD by using promotional materials available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION visit atdc.org.au/overdoseday or phone Cathy on 6231 5002.